A blog about my adventures, wherever I may be.

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Getting lost KOREAN STYLE

A little background - Fall 2009 I studied abroad in Seoul, South Korea (here).  I wanted to return at some point in my life to revisit my old haunts and reconnect with friends.  It just so happened that I had plenty Peace Corps vacation days and was in the right part of the world to hop on a plane (or seven) to Korea.  I ate LOTS of delicious Korean food, hung out with my buddies at a million coffee shops (this may be a slight exaggeration), and even went to the Expo 2012 in Yeosu.  I used my friend’s camera for the duration of this trip, in case you were wondering (kalahngan Jerich!!!).
My favorite boy band, albeit half of it
I can now say that I have been to a world’s fair
Consulting a map.  Navigation is definitely NOT my strong point.  I got my companions lost more times than I care to remember, but Jess (with her skillz) managed to find a way.  Film photo courtesy of Jerich.
My second meeting with Mr. Obama.  The first was (real) when he was a senator for Illinois.
Jaerin, my language exchange partner and awesome friend
Sejong the Great, creator of hangul
Love these girls
Kimchi museum
No visit to Seoul is complete without noraebang
Yonsei represent!

1 comment: